Sunday, October 5, 2014

Chicken Pot Pie, Oh My!

Hello my friends and thanks for coming back today to see what I have for you. Yes, it is homemade chicken pot pie. Who doesn't love chicken pot pie?! It is so good for the fall and such a comfort food. It just warms the soul!

Here is what you will need:

1/3 cup of onion
1/3 cup of butter
1/3 cup of flour
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/4 tsp. of pepper

Saute onions in the butter until translucent. Then add the flour in cooking until thickened. Add the salt and pepper.

When it is thicker add:

1 3/4 cups of chicken broth - I use reduce sodium broth or you can use homemade broth
1/2 cup of milk

Keep cooking and stirring until nice and thick. Next you will add the following:

1 cup of diced potatoes - depending on how many potatoes you like in your pie
2 cups of mixed vegies - I use frozen ones
2 1/2 cups of cubed or shredded cooked chicken

Mix well and place in your pie shell. Top with with top crust placing slits for steam to escape. Bake for one hour at 350 degrees. Let sit for about 10-15 minutes then enjoy!

My husband like to have extra gravy on the side to pour onto his chunk of pot pie. I don't need the extra gravy and love the pie the way it is. lol He just grew up with the extra gravy.






9 comments:

Anita in France said...

Looks delicious, Brenda ... so mouthwatering! Anita :)

Sue said...

Looks totally gorgeous Brenda I put on a few pounds just looking at it LOL but as you say such lovely warm comforting food for the cold weather...take care and huggles Sue xxx

Vickie said...

YUMMMMMMMMMM when's supper. thanks for the recipe. I will be trying this.
Huggggg my friend. Love your recipes.

MaryH said...

It looks YUMMY! We gotta get that Recipe page added to this blog! Hugs MM

Anonymous said...

OMGee, Brenda! This sounds and looks so good. I know it's time for breakfast but got any leftovers?

Carol L said...

OK, now you have me drooling! My grandma (who was Pennsylvania Dutch) always made her own pies too and they were to die for! TFS the delicious recipe......now what time is dinner?! :)

jimlynn said...

This looks yummier and tastier than any I've ever seen! Going to have to try it. Jim doesn't care for chicken pot pie and I love it! Guess he'll just have to get a sandwich!
Lynn

Tina Campbell said...

Yummy! Thanks so much for the Birthday Wishes :)

cm said...

Oh my...you've whetted my appetite with these delicious photos of your amazing chicken pot pie! Divine! Even though I can't eat something so delicious (milk intolerance, amongst other things), I'm eye-balling that recipe closely to see where I can be innovative. I can imagine the aroma in your house as this is baking...yummmmm...
Hugs~c