Monday, May 20, 2013

Pass It On! BBTB2 Challenge

Hi my crafty friends, happy Monday to you all! Not sure where the weekend went but here it is Monday once again. So you know that means it's time for a new challenge at BBTB2! Our sweet and talented design team sister Sarah has a special challenge for us.  She wants us to make any project using any Cricut cartridge and PASS IT ON to brighten someone's day. Well I have a friend who has been through a lot in the last year, so I made this project to pass on to her hoping that it will brighten her day and make her smile. I made a vertical mini and you can make it out of toilet paper rolls, but I didn't, I just made my tube out of paper.  I used Straight From the Nest Cricut cartridge for my butterflies. I used black and yellow stickles on the butterflies.  The papers I used where from my stash, some from K&Co a long time ago. I love these papers but never really knew what I wanted to do with them.  So thought the years I've used a few here and there. I really love them in this mini!!  I'm not sure if I will put ribbon on yet or not, still thinking on that.  I added a magnet to the flap to keep it down, a rose from ACM (in the wedding section), a doily from My Creative Time, and some branches from the Martha Steward branch punch.  I left the inside plain for her to do what ever she wants.  Each page has a tag and there are 6 pages.  Here is a link on how to make the mini if any one is interested. Ginger from My Sisters Scrapper is an awesome mini maker, I just adore her work!!!  I hope you like this little mini, I think it is just too cute! I hope it brighten my friends day cause she so deserves some happy mail!  Go over to BBTB2 to check out the awesome inspiration  my design team sisters have for you and then follow our simple rules and link up with us! We love when you get crafty with us! Until next time...Hugs!







19 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Brenda, this is a very cool project. I love it.
Carole

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Live Love and Scrap said...

Oh my goodness Brenda....I love it! After I couldn't wait to come to your blog to see what your project was....your friend is going to flip over it!!! Hope she feels better!!!

Hugs
Sarah

DIANA L. said...

WOWZER!!!! thas came out super I love it your friend will love it and now you have inspired me to make one. AAlso -- I feel right at home at your blog-- If you have noticed I'm on vaction at mine(ha Ha)It is really nice being here! Have a great week my friend
DIANA L
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is so great! I wish I was better at making mini books! Really love this project!

Jayne said...

Oh wow this is fabulous Brenda! Love your mini!
Hugs
Jayne x

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What a cool mini and I love the papers you used. I love the way it flips open. I need to try one of these. You did a beautiful job my friend.

Caroline said...

Your mini is so pretty. This project makes me want to try one. Such pretty paper and butterflies!

Jules said...

What a wonderful finished project Brenda.

Very practical and gorgeous colours and papers.

Love it!!

Hope you had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

Oh I love minis and this one is so creative. Fabulous job.

The Queen (Laura) said...

This is fabulous! The papers you've used are gorgeous. Such a fun idea. Your friend will LOVE it! Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Sharon said...

This is awesome Brenda!!! I love the butterflies, the flower and the great papers you used!!! :)

~ Jo ~ said...

Oh Brenda this is beautiful!!! You have some awesome talent my friend... your friend is going to just Love this! The papers are gorgeous!

Hugs,
Jo
xox

Scrapping Girl said...

That is so funny that we both decided to make minis from Ginger! (Great minds think alike....lol!) Yours turned out fantastic-I love the papers from your stash! I'll have to try one like this-she does the best mini tutorials!
Michelle

shelly said...

fabulous project brenda!

Susan Edwards said...

Wow, Brenda! This is so creative - I am totally impressed. Love the design and the papers... and the idea is awesome!
Susan

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Brenda this is so beautiful, you are so creative! I must have a go at this mini one day! Your friend will love this and all the thoughtfulness that goes with it.
Hugs
Juliex

Sharon Jeannette said...

your project came out beautiful!! =)
thanks so much for posting the links to the video. i know what i will be doing this weekend!!! =)

Annette said...

nice mini! looks like you are the Mini Queen. great job.