Monday, May 6, 2013

Mom is the Best-BBTB2 Challenge

Hi my crafty friends, gosh can you believe it is Monday already?!!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, they just seem to zip by so fast.  Well since it is Monday you know that mean it's time for a new challenge over at BBTB2.  We have a guest designer today so please go check out what she has made for today's challenge.  Our challenge for this week is "Mom is the Best".  Now I have to tell you that I totally lifted my card from the Cricut Magazine that I just got.  And guess what?? Our dear sweet Jayne has a card in the magazine!!! And let me tell you this isn't the first time she was published by the Cricut Magazine!! Congrats Jayne!!!!  This cute card just caught my eye and I just had to make it because well, I'm all about times in the 50's/60's when times were simpler and mom was home to take care of the children and baked the cakes, pies and cookies. lol  I'm always in the kitchen so maybe that's why this era fascinates me. Plus I was a stay at home mom and went back to a stay at home mom. For my card I used the Cricut cart From My Kitchen and welded two of the apron shadows together and then build my card with the layers.  I used some old K&Co paper that has been in my stash forever and some seam binding that I dyed.  My flower came from the Cricut cart Flower Shoppe and my tag is from My Creative Time banner dies.  My sentiment came from an old stamp set by My Pink Stamper.  Isn't this apron so cute?!!! The green twine is from the Twinery and the thin brown twine is from SU.  This will be my MIL's card for Mother's Day.  Thanks for looking and now go see what awesome inspiration my design team sisters have for you-the projects are amazing!!  Then how about linking up your project with us, just follow our simple rules. We love when you get crafty with us and can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm always in awe at how talented all of you are! 






14 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

This is adorable, Brenda! Love the colors and fabulous details you added. Fabulous! xxD

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Brenda this is so adorable. I love the vintage feel and the colors. All the little added details are perfect. Sure brings back of my grandmother and her aprons.

Anonymous said...

There was a time... once we would all associate aprons with our mothers and grandmothers. Love your details. Thanks for the memory, Brenda.

Caroline said...

This apron is fabulous. It is perfect in every way. Love the papers and vintage feel. Your mil will love this.

Sharon said...

Awesomeness for sure!!!! I so love the apron shape of your card. And those papers are fabulous! And I love your dyed ribbon. And that flower is just perfect!!!! :)

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Beautiful card.We are thinking the same this week.love it.

Jules said...

Hi Brenda

What a fantastic shaped card and so much detail!

Love the ribbon and flower very much and all the distressing.

Have a good week.

Love Jules xx

TerriK said...

Adorable card, Brenda! I love all the detail, the ribbon and the twine. Beautiful job.

Susan Edwards said...

Brenda, this card is amazing. I too love the vintage feel. I am amazed at what you did with twine and seam binding... Wow. Those ruffles are wonderful and I LOVE the rose & bow detail. Such a wonderful Mother's Day Card. Hugs,
Susan

The Queen (Laura) said...

This is wonderful! Love the colors, and the rose is beautiful. The ruffles on top and bottom is a great touch! Wonderful job!
Lots of hugs,
Laura

mamawcindy said...

Love your Card Brenda! I have that Cart and have wanted to make that Apron for my Daughter. She loves baking. I may have to use your Card Idea for Inspiration and make her a Card one of these days. Awesome Job! :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Scrapping Girl said...

Absoulutely LOVE this!!! Love the vintage feel! And the ruffles! And the paper! And of course, the rose :) It's "the bomb", as my kids would say, meaning really awesome.
:)
Michelle

Carole Beath said...

Brenda this is absolutely adorable. I love each little detail, and the paper and design. Love it love it.
Carole

Jayne said...

Hi Brenda, thanks for the shout out! I still haven't seen any of the articles yet!!
I LOVE your apron card, it is simply stunning. Love the ruffles and flower. I admired it as I was adding my project to the DT blog..only sorry that I am so late calling by and catching up.
Hugs
Jayne x