Friday, May 24, 2013

Brand New Challenge At Jo's Scrap Shack

Hello my crafty friends, Happy Friday to you all!! I'm not quit sure where the weeks go, but they do zoom past me!! lol Well I want to tell you about a brand new challenge going on over at my friend, Jo's blog, Jo's Scrap Shack.  Fun right?! They are called Fun Day Friday Challenge. You can win a "Top 3 Fun Friday Badge" on any of the challenges or the grand prize of stamps sets from  Mary at Cardz TV for this first challenge!!  She is giving away two stamp sets of YOUR choice to the winner of this challenge!!! I have to say that I have only a few sets of Mary's stamps, but they are awesome and I am hoping to get some more in the future!  This challenge runs from  today, May 24th to May 31st. So you will have plenty of time to join in the challenge. The random winner of Mary's stamps will be chosen on June 3rd. So come on and check out Jo's first challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack and see if you can win a badge or stamp sets!! You know we will love it if you get crafty with us!!

Jo has a design team and I am part of that team.  I won't be able to do each challenge as I have other obligations, but will be joining in ever chance I can. For Jo's first challenge we had a sketch to work with made by our own design team sister Amanda. It is a wonderful sketch and I had lots of fun with it. Although I forgot one element that was on the sketch, I was doing it from memory which if you know me at all, you know that my memory is effected at times by my Lupus so I should have taken my laptop back to my room with me. But I still think my card turned out cute.  I used one of the crafty birthday gifts I got from my awesome friend Suzanne.  And that is the new Prima Dolls.  I had so much fun paper piecing her! I used all scraps to piece her and colored with my Spectrum Noir markers. The sentiment came from My Creative Time and I used Viva Pearl Pens.  My card base is a 4x9 1/4 size, love this size card and it was perfect for my long leggy girl which is on two thicknesses of foam tape!  I hope you like my card (click on the pic to make it bigger) and I hope you will check out Jo's blog and challenge and join in with us!  Thank as always for your lovely comments and for taking the time to visit me! 

Here is the sketch:



Here is my take on it:



12 comments:

~ Jo ~ said...

This card is gorgeous!I love your take on the sketch and I'm not quite sure which part of the sketch you forgot? It looks great to me! =)
Hugs,
Jo
xox

D- said...

I love your card! I agree with Jo your take on the sketch is wonderful. TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Kellie 0:) said...

Brenda this is absolutely adorable. Love your paper piecing. There are no missed pieces when you use a sketch as inspiration. You did a fantastic job. I look forward to each time you come and create with us.
Kellie O:)

Migdalia said...

Absolutely an Adorable card! A lovely image...
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Kathy said...

Brenda your card is beautiful! I love the colors, heck I love the whole thing!!

MaryH said...

Oh I DO like your card. I played with paper dolls as a child - still probably would if I could!!! Your take on this one is awesome, loved her little frilly skirt. Especially liked the onpoint squares you framed her with. Great pearls too! I'll check out the challenge...see what tis all about. Hope the mowing is not gaining on you too much. Hugs, & have a wonderful holiday weekend.Ooops forgot to say: Great Noir coloring...you really got the fleshtones great.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

So glad you loved your present. Your little Prima gal is so cute. Love her plaid skirt. Fun to do some girly stuff isn't it. Hugs my friend.

The Queen (Laura) said...

I love the Prima Doll! I love the patterned papers you've used for her dress and the squares. The pearls looks great as well! Wonderful job my friend!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Lynden Blossom said...

I love the 'simplicity' of this adorable card and the use of pattern patches to back up and coordinate with the girl! Cute! (Soooo...are You the 'connection' to Jo who has been a faithful Follower of mine since she 'discovered' me...?? I had wondered how she 'found' me...) ;-}
Lynden

http://aneleganttouch-lynden.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/An-Elegant-Touch-/162889457132788
http://pinterest.com/lyndenelise/an-elegant-touch-my-blog
http://pinterest.com/lyndenelise/my-digital-photo-restorations

Carole Beath said...

Brenda, this is just wonderful. I love this card.
Hugs
Carole

scrappymo! said...

Just popped over from Mary's blog...she has mentioned you and hyperlinked you today. Sounds like a great challenge. I will see if I can put something together...but I have the grands coming for a sleepover so life could get busy thios weekend!!!

Your design card is great...I love the paper piecing on the dress!

Anonymous said...

Wow Brenda! This is beautiful! I love the papers - the colors are so pretty and I like how you interpreted the sketch to run it in another direction. I've never paper pierced before - will have to experiment! I love what you did with the Prima Doll - the paper piercing and the coloring! I'm a new follower! :) ~Vanessa