Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Exciting News and Cute Card!

Hello all my crafty friends, today I have some great news to share-well good news for me. lol I was asked to stay on the design team at My Paper Crafting!!!  What an honor to be asked to stay on after the 25 Days were up. There are such talented ladies on this design team, I hope I can do the challenges justice!  Today starts off the New Year with a challenge using snowflakes.  They were going to be for the Sandy Hook community, they were going to hang snowflakes to welcome the students back at another school, but because of the overwhelming response they closed this up. How wonderful that they got so many snowflakes from around the world/and country that they could close it!! So my snowflake became a card instead. I used the Snowman v12 DS digi from Melin at Paper Crafting World.com that I colored with my alcohol markers and mounted onto a die shape. I printed my papers on my Cricut Imagine using the Mr. Frosty cartridge. I so love the Imagine even though I don't use it a lot.  Stamped my sentiment and then did the same for the inside and used a die of a snowflake cut in half.  I put some glitter on the snowflakes in the digi as well as my snowflake inside.  That's about it.  Didn't it turn out cute?!  I'm pleased with it anyway. lol And don't you just love the papers from Mr. Frosty?!  Love, love that snowflake paper! Oh and I did distress with distress ink in tea dye on the inside.  I hope you check out what my design team sisters have in store for you as well with the snowflake challenge.  They have amazing projects!!



The inside:

12 comments:

Glenda said...

Beautiful card! Love the snowman!Congratulations to you! You will be a great asset to the team!
Hugs and Happy New Year!
Glenda

Tammy said...

that is gorgeous Brenda, Congrats on staying on the team you do awesome work girl. Hugs!

Sandy Palmer said...

What a wonderful way to start off the New Year! Fabulous card! :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

So pretty Brenda. I love the little snowman digi and the gorgeous paper you made with Mr. Frosty. Welcome to the team we are lucky to have you.

scrappymo! said...

This is just adorable. I love the snowflakes on the inside as well...They seem to just glisten and shimmer!

Sandi said...

Brenda that is the cutest snowman, colors uhhhh la la, beautiful inside and out, hugs

Jayne said...

Congratulations my friend. Love your cute snowman,beautiful card.
Happy New Year Brenda to you and yours.
Jayne x

TerriK said...

Congrats, Brenda! I love the card, your snowman is so cute.

The Queen (Laura) said...

Congratulations Brenda! Without a doubt you will do awesome on the challenges! This is such an adorable card! The snowman is so cute! Love the printed paper you've used. Great job my friend!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Unknown said...

Over the top Cute my friend!!!

Annette said...

Love this one also Brenda! WOW.
Keep up the good work.

MaryH said...

Love your little Snowy. So cute. You did a fantastic coloring job...great shading. Those background papers are very pretty. How is the Imagine diff from the Expressions? This is new to me. Your inside of the card is just as gorgeous as the outside too. Somebody is going to just love to receive this one. TFS & oh yes, I know why they asked you to stay on the team. Cause you do GREAT WORK! Congrats on that as well.