Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Treats and Gifts

Hi my crafty friends!  I have a couple of things to show you from Christmas not that Christmas is over. lol  I made a tulle wreath for my one daughter-in-law for Christmas.  Since my son, her hubby is deploy here in the next week or two, I made her a red/white/blue wreath. I hung a red/white/blue ornament in the middle using the Artiste cartridge.  I was quite pleased with the way it turned out.  I had to take the pic quick and then I hung it on the tree. lol I couldn't find anything to put it in!  So I just hung it on the back of our tree!



The next little boxes I used the Artiste cartridge too.  In November when we went to Iowa we stopped at the Football Hall of Fame to take our youngest son.  While there of course he wanted to go to the gift shop.  While there I decided to do a little shopping for 3 of my guys and got them a gift card to shop the Hall of Fame on line.  I made the boxes to put their gift cards in. As you can imagine since we have 6 boys, they have different teams that they like.  Let's see, we have 3 Redskins fans, 1 Baltimore Ravens fan, and 2 Eagles fans.  So I decorated two of my boxes in the Redskins colors and one in the Ravens colors.  Using the Teddy Bear Parade cartridge I cut out the football Teddy Bear.  I think they are cute and yes, I used them for grown men and they actually like them and thought they were cool! How about that?! lol  I was so glad they didn't think I was treating them like a child. lol Are they not cute?!!


Hope you get your craft on in the new year!  Happy Crafting everyone!



7 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Your tulle wreath is awesome! And such fun treat boxes! Carri~Abusybee

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the tulle wreath and really love those little football teddies. Thanks for sharing your great projects.

Unknown said...

Love your tulle wreath with the ornament in the middle, Brenda! Sending prayers for your son and his safe return. Cute little football boxes, too.

Annette said...

Love the wreath Brenda. The boxes would be great for my Son-in Law. Especially if I put some food in there. Great work again!

MaryH said...

That wreath is just a WOW level gift. Really stunning. I bet they loved it. Your boxes are too cute...What a unique way to present the gift cards, and I can see exactly why they all got a kick out of it. Good JOB! TFS

The Queen (Laura) said...

Your son is in my prayers. I just love the wreath! Awesome! The little boxes with the teddy bears are so adorable! Great projects!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Georgiana said...

Your treat boxes are my favorite! Every team could have one!