Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chilly Celebrations!



Hello my crafty friends, it is time for another cut it challenge at My Paper Crafting.  We were asked to use the theme "chilly celebrations" and since my anniversary is in February so I went with a card that will do double duty, an anniversary/Valentine card for my hubby.  I used Melin's digital stamp, Love Is...1 Corinthians 13, I printed and then cut out my sentiment with a Spellbinder Nestability then while my sentiment was still in the Nestie, I sponged around the edge with Antique Linen distress ink and a little Tattered Rose distress ink, then cut another mat with a  Spellbinder and mounted the sentiment ontop. I popped both layers on foam tape. My roses came from the Cricut CTMH Artiste cartridge. I cut them on white paper at 3" and 2"and inked them with.  Punched some black paper with my Martha Steward branch punch and placed under my roses. I also used a die to cut my scallop border.  I used a white Viva Pearl Pen to make two smaller pearls and one large pearl and some stickles on my roses.  My ribbon is seam binding.  My card size is 5x7 and I used a Mojo sketch number 276. All papers are from my scrap bin except for my card base. I hope you join us this week for our "chilly celebrations" and if you need a little inspiration go to My Paper Crafting and check out the super "chilly celebrations" projects my design team sisters have done and don't forget to leave them some bloggy love! Happy Craftin'!!

10 comments:

Jen said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Brenda! Love those sweet roses and such a wonderful verse for your hubby!

Sandy Palmer said...

Those roses are gorgeous Brenda! Your hubby is going to love his Valentine card from you! Love the inking around the verse too!:)

Chriss America Real said...

This card is just so lovely & elegant! I love the sentiment too!

Hugs,
Chriss
SVG PCW Design Team

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

So pretty and elegant. The red, black and white is so rich looking. Love the flowers and the black branches. The sentiment is perfect for this card.

Charlotte said...

Brenda, This is just oh so beautiful. The verse is wonderful and the roses are beautiful! So pretty.
Charlotte

Susan Edwards said...

WOW, this is absolutely beautiful! Love the framed verse (a fav) and those beautiful flowers. Just stunning!
xxSusan

MaryH said...

What a beautifully done card. Love all the colors, your layout & s/binders, but I'm blown away by these pretty roses. Good job on the faux pearls too. You have a lot of snippets (scraps) on here, why not link to Pixie's Playground??? This is going to be a lovely anniversary card. Ya'll enjoy the day! Hugs

Larelyn said...

This is just beautiful. I love the colors and the sentiment is so perfect.
Hugs,
Larelyn

The Queen (Laura) said...

This is so pretty! One of my favorite verses. The roses are beautiful. Fabulous job my friend!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

shelly said...

brenda this is really lovely!