Monday, January 21, 2013

BBTB2 Fontastic!

Hi my crafty friends! Well here it is Monday once again and of course you know that mean it is time for a brand new challenge over at BBTB2! My sweet and talented friend Suzanne has picked our challenge and she has chosen for us to use our favorite font. I hate to say this but that was hard!! I love pretty much all the Cricut fonts.  But I did manage to narrow it down a bit, although I wouldn't call this my favorite font, if it is a font at all. lol But for my project this was the perfect font and thus made it my favorite font for right now.  My project is a work in progress and has a little way to go before being complete.  My anniversary will be coming up soon and I wanted to do a little mini for my 20th year.  So I constructed my mini (saw this on My Sisters Scraper's blog and boy is she talented!!) and bound it with my Cinch. I used kraft cardstock for my pages distressed with Tim Holtz Walnut Ink distress ink. Attached a Tim Holtz key on the binding, I will be adding crinkle ribbon as well as soon as I get my colors dyed to match my mini. I also plan to add more charms with the key as I pick them up.  I just didn't want to settle for whatever, I wanted charms that fit the celebration and our life.  I used the Cricut cartridge Tie the Knott for the word TRUE LOVE.  It is already welded on the cartridge so all I had to do was size it in my Gypsy and cut it out.  My papers I used is a 6x6 My Minds Eye paper pack and I use Prima pearls on my cover. Not sure yet if I will make and place 3D flowers on my cover yet or not. Still thinking on that one.  I stamped "20 Year" in the cream mat with My Creative Time stamps and the "journey" was already on the paper along with the mat. I did end up spritzing my cover with Glimmer Mist in Old Lace, that made it really shimmer and looks so pretty.  I didn't take a picture of it as it is hard to get Glimmer Mist to show in the pictures.


Close up of my "True Love", I cut it out in paper that was very close in color with my cover because I wanted it seen but wanted it to look subdued. I added glossy accents on top.

This page is the inside of the cover and first page.  As you can see in the "v", there is a tag. I added some crinkle ribbon that I dyed.  I plan to go back and add eyelets to my tags as I didn't have any, so looks like a crafty run is in order. lol

Here you can see my first page (and all pages) flip out giving me to more larger mats for pictures, journaling or mementos.


Here is the back side of page one, flipped out and the start of the second page, which will flip out just like the first one. Each "v" pocket has a tag in them.  The smaller pockets are 4 1/2" wide x 4 3/4" tall and the larger pocket holds a tag that is 4 1/2" wide x 5 1/2" tall. So plenty of room for pictures and journaling spots.

Here the flip out is closed and this is the back of page 1 and the front of page 2. The rest of the mini looks like this but with just different patterns of paper. Dear husband is taking me to a Bed and Breakfast for our anniversary so I plan on getting many pictures to add to this mini as well as pictures from the last 20 years. I think it will be a great keepsake! So how do you like my little mini???  Want to know how to make one like this??? Well wonder no more, click here to go to Ginger's tutorial  on how to make these pages. Then you can bind your album anyway you chose.  I wanted to bind mine with the "stack the deck" by Laura from Following the Paper Trail but I didn't have 6 pages, only 5 and you need an even number to do it that way.  I was going to pick up more kraft paper but wouldn't you know the last pack was open and spilling out every where at Hobby Lobby.  So I just used my Cinch to bind my mini.

Well I think that is about it!  I hope you stuck it out with me and will go over to BBTB2 to see what awesome inspiration my design team sisters have for you as well.  Then please join us by using your Cricut and picking out your favorite font!  Link your project up with us and maybe you will win our blinky to add to your blog!  Happy Craftin'!!!


11 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Brenda, this is just gorgeous! Love the design and the papers you chose and that pearl swirl makes me swoon! xxD

Carole Beath said...

Brenda, this is just totally a fantastic project, so so beautiful and well planned for something so special.
Hugs
Carole

Susan Edwards said...

Brenda this is fabulous! The cover is wonderful, but the inside pages are simply amazing!! Wow!! I am VERY impressed. What a truly wonderful idea! Your Hubs had better treasure this!!!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Brenda, this is so elegant. Fabulous papers and a beautiful idea. Gorgeous mini.
Oh and Happy Anniversary!

Vickie said...

Brenda This is ABSOLUTLY Beautiful I will be watching the tutorial on how to make this. Thanks for sharing.

Your crafting bloggy friend
Vickie

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I love this so much Brenda. I love the way the title is almost the same color as the paper yet with the glossy it stands out. Love the papers you used and how they fold out to give lots of space. You have out done yourself my friend. Oh and the pearls are gorgeous on the front.

The Queen (Laura) said...

What a beautiful project! I love the key on the binding. The papers are gorgeous. I love the pearls on the front cover. Your husband will LOVE it! Congratulations on your upcoming 20th anniversary! Great job my friend!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Annette said...

Another really great project Miss Brenda.(and you know how much I love Mini albums. Just don't know where you find the time. I'm home all day and can't seem to get in my room to craft. So not fair.
Keep up the good work.

Migdalia said...

WOW!!Very BEAUTIFUL!!!
Have a Wonderful Day,
Migdalia

~JulieH~ said...

Wow Brenda this is so so beautiful! And then the inside too wow wow wow this certainly is a labour of love! Such a wonderful take on this week's challenge!
Hugs
Juliexx

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

I love the look of this project..very non tradional colors that stand out..Krista