Monday, January 14, 2013

A Little Birdie told me it is BBTB2 Day!



Hello my crafty friends, hope you had a wonderful weekend! Well it is Monday and you know what that means, yep it's time for another BBTB2 challenge!  Our dear sweet Jayne gave us the theme of a bird and branch.  Well this shouldn't have been a hard challenge but for some reason I just couldn't get my cards to turn out the way I envisioned them in my head. lol  I started out with making a card from the Imagine More cartridge and my Imagine.  I printed all papers except my card base for this card.  I layered my bird and branch.

 
                                


Well this card didn't thrill me so back to the drawing board I went. Next I decided to do a window card from Winter Woodland.  I get my card all cut out and embossed my piece of clam shell from a cartridge and attached it to my card. So far so good.  Then I get the bright idea of putting snow writer on my branch.  Yep, you guessed it-I had to heat the snow writer and I knew that was going to melt my piece of plastic.  So after ruining the whole card, I tried again.  This time I got the snow writer on and heated before I put the embossed plastic behind the branch. lol This card isn't exactly as it was in my head, but I wasn't going back to the drawing board for a third time! lol So I stuck with this one. I colored my gems with a Spectrum Noir pen and my sentiment came from My Pink Stamper.  And without further ado here is my card.


This picture shows the embossing nicely. 

The inside of my card.

And there you have it.  Not much better the second time around. lol I hope you will go give my design team sisters some love and then I hope you will join us and link up a card with a bird and branch on it made using your Cricut.  But please, please remember to use your Cricut. Every once in a while someone makes a lovely card but it doesn't qualify because they didn't use the Cricut for their cut.  I hate when that happens because I usually love their card and it makes me sad that it doesn't qualify. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, it's gotta be better than mine! lol



8 comments:

Jayne said...

Brenda, both your cards are beautiful! I love the embossed acetate behind the gorgeous bird and branch. Not to mention the snow!
Hugs
Jayne x

Anonymous said...

Brenda, I started out with this cut. I love the bird. Then when I was looking for something I came across Spring Cottage. I still love this bird. You really used it beautifully on that background. Love the bird on the inside too.

Busy Bucharoo said...

Both cards turned out great despite the problems. (I'm glad I'm not the only one that has those creative burps.) Love the 3-D feel.

moknowsall said...

great card. I like how you did the see-thru glass with embossing. there is this new stuff out there, i have it, but haven't tried it yet - Better than Arcylic.... go to bugjunkie.blogspot.com to see it.

thanks for sharing on bbtb2

maureen

Carole Beath said...

Your card is darling. I have had the same thing happen to me....I make one card after another that doesn't thrill me.... Eventually I get one but sometimes I just want to run away. (grin).
Hugs
Carole

shelly said...

brenda youre so cute and silly :) both of your cards are divine! about the pearls on my card.. the viva decor pearl pens are magical things! you can make pearls any size and you dont have to tap the underside of your paper theyre perfectly round from the tube! squeeze lightly practice with them and i swear you wont buy anything else. :)

The Queen (Laura) said...

I think these turned out great! I love how you embossed the plastic piece. The birds are so cute, and I love the gems. Great job on both of them!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Oh stop or I will have to fly out there and kick you. I love both your cards. I like the funny little bird on the first one and love the embossing on the plastic for the window card. You did an awesome job on both my friend.