Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Happy Fall Ya'll!

Hi my crafty friends!  Fall is in the air and the trees are starting to turn their beautiful colors.  Oh how I love fall!  Sunny, cool days are just perfect for getting outside.  Nice crisp evening are perfect for sleeping, but the one thing I don't like-shorter days! lol  I love when it stays light out until 9:30/10pm but of course as fall draws near we lose that.  I will survive and it will make the longer days all the sweeter when they come back around.  Brenda here and this week at Sweet Sassy Diva our theme is fall!  I decided to design a card using my Gypsy and the basket from Doodlecharms.  I welded two of the together.  This is what it will look like once two are welded together:


I also layed out my layers to my basket on another layer in my Gypsy and I decided I would add a pumpkin to the mix and got it from the Freshly Picked cart.


After cutting out my basket layers I decided to run my basket layer through the Cuttlebug with an embossing fold like looks like wood from Stamping Up.  I cut my leaves out of scrap paper using My Creative Time dies and my sentiment is from her as well.  I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color the leaf in my circle sentiment.  I inked my leaves and basket with Tim Holtz distress inks-Walnut and Vintage Photo.  Here is my finished card, I am pretty pleased with the way it came out although I would have welded my pumpkin to my base if I had thought about it first. lol I hope that you will have go at a shaped card for the fall!  Happy crafting! 





7 comments:

The Queen (Laura) said...

For me, Fall came too soon. This is so cute! I love the wood grain paper you've used as well as the paper for the pumpkin and leaves. The tag is adorable with the small hounds tooth paper. Great job my friend!

Lots of Hugs,
Laura

Glenda said...

Beautiful shaped card! Love the pretty basket and pumpkin!
Glenda

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is so cute Brenda. I love the sentiment and the papers you choose for all the cuts are amazing.

Annette said...

Really cute card Miss Brenda. Great Choice of papers.

Sandi said...

this is just as cute as can be, love your fall colors and papers, great design, hugs

MaryH said...

This is SO pretty! I'm impressed at what you can do with your cricut. Wish you were close enough to teach me! You're doing great with the Spectrums...your coloring is just fine! Really like what you did with this, and it is 'very Fall', y'all! Hugs & TFS

Julie said...

What a cute card!! I love the basket shape! Good job my friend!! Hugs, Julie