Monday, August 27, 2012

Hello my crafty friends, another week has gone by and it is time for another BBTB2 challenge!  I am hosting this week and I chose the theme "Back to School" as my son starts back to school on Tuesday.  I can't believe another summer has gone by already and my baby is a Junior!  Time stands still for no one. lol  So for my card I used Wild Card 2.  I chose the apple to go with my papers that I got from Michaels, they are 4.5 x 6.5, perfect for on cards and they are by Recollections.  I also used some teacher stamps from Paper Trey Ink. My card is an A2 "S" Card, simple but I think they are so cute to make.  I meant to glue my apple "mouth" on upside down so it was a smile instead of a frown, but forgot, so I have a less than thrilled apple. lol  I thought this would be a good teacher appreciation card or just because card for a teacher.  I hope that you will check out my design team sisters and see what amazing creations they have for you and I can assure you that they will inspire you.  Please leave them some bloggy love as they work very hard to bring inspiration to you every week.  Read our simple rules at BBTB2 and remember that challenges are running a week long instead of two weeks.  Thanks for playing along with us and I look forward to seeing your back to school creations!



Thank for stopping by!

18 comments:

Jeri said...

You picked a super fantastic challenge for us this week, Brenda, and perfect for this time of year. I totally can't believe another summer is about to end. Soon it will be time for me to head south for the winter and I can't wait for my "summer" to continue down in Florida. I love your fold you chose for your card this week. Your papers are perfect and that sentiment is awesome. I wish someone had given me a card like that when I was working. It would truly make a teacher feel appreciated.

Sandi said...

Brenda, what a fun challenge this week, your card is truly a star, love love those papers. hugs

Jayne said...

Brenda,love your card,that apple cut is fabulous.Love the DP too,thanks for a great challenge.
Jayne x

DonnaMundinger said...

Super fun card and the papers are just fabulous! Thanks for a great challenge. xxD

Tammy said...

Great Card Brenda, Love those papers you used.

Anonymous said...

Love this challenge and your card. That's a terrific apple and great papers.

Sharon said...

Oh how cute!!! Love the apple and those great papers. The sentiment is fantastic! :)

~JulieH~ said...

Thanks for a great challenge Brenda! Oh I love your apple just look at that face and the papers are fab oh and what a wonderful sentiment inside too. Love it I think I need Wildcard2 now!
Hugs
Juliexx

Annette said...

Cute card. love that apple.

Glenda said...

Thanks for the fun challenge Brenda! Great card-love the apple, folds, and papers. Perfect sentiment!
Glenda

The Queen (Laura) said...

This is so cute! I love this paper stack from Recollections. The little apple is so cute! This summer has flown by! Great job on this card my friend!

Carole Beath said...

Super great card indeed.... what a nice card for a teacher..... This was a fun challenge, thanks so much.
Carole

Susan Edwards said...

Brenda thanks for the fun challenge - I actually came up with three different ideas and had to select only one!

I liked you card on the BBTB2 site- the apple face cracks me up - but the inside and the great fold are amazing!!!

Susan

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Brenda this is so cute. Love the fold and all the great school papers. Also love that cute little apple. A great challenge my friend.

magicwanda said...

Brenda you are 2 funny....just turn it upside down then it will be smiling....hahaha I have this cart to and I love it . They are simple cuts but like you said cute! Great job my friend.
Big hugs Wanda

tianna said...

I just love the apple face - it's soooo adorable!!

Tianna

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Brenda..Love the apple face..This is how I felt Monday..Awwww your baby is growing up..Enjoy every min..it goes fast..Thanks for a great challenge..Krista

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Your card is so cute, all the school elements just bring it all together, colors are freat...

HUGS
Penny