Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pineapple Fields? Nope, it is Corn!

Hello Crafty Friends!  It's Brenda here from Friends Craftin with Friends.  This week at Sweet Sassy Diva we were to do a lo using this sketch.
LO sketcch
So I started by gathering some papers that I wanted to use and getting my mats ready.

Then I punched out my layer and did a test run to see how I like my elements together. 
Uh, no the tractor tire paper wasn't working for me. lol  So I replaced that with paper that was a corn field.  That works much better!! So I glued everything down.
Next I did my title on my Gypsy welding it together.  I used the Billionaire font and I used Pop Up Neighborhood for my corn stalks.  I glued my title down, added some doodling, then I layered my corn stalks and stickled the corn.  Yes, I can find a way to use bling even on farm pages. lol 

And here is my completed lo.  Please excuse the two pictures on the right.  I was printing them when I ran out of ink, so the color is off by a lot.  I will have to reprint these two when I get more ink.
Here are a few close ups:



I hope that you have been inspired to use some sketches!  They sure do come in handy for when you are having one of the lack of mojo times!!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

I love your farming LO Brenda. Its getting that time of yr again to start it all over again. LOL My Son is going out west right after his H.S graduation in May to the Harvest Movement. Im not ready for it but, he is all farming and other then the long hrs he will enjoy every moment.

Unknown said...

Great layout Brenda! Love the background papers...glad you are saving the tire tracks for another time ! lol I really like the font, guess I will have to put that cart on my wish list !

Brenda said...

OMGosh Tammy, my husband has always dream of doing that, but had never had the chance to do it!! He is going to be so jealous, but happy for your son!! Hubby is all about farming too, that is his passion and his hobby. It would just be nice if his hobby could be done without having to work another 50 hours working a full time outside job! lol

Shawnee said...

For a minute, I thought you went to Hawaii. This is a beautiful layout. I love the sketch and how you used it. Great job my friend.

Amy said...

This is really nice! I don't do many layouts, so I like your idea of using sketches! I love the border punch that you used, and, of course, the bling! :)
Amy
redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

Annette said...

Great layout Brenda! I got my first look at a corn field last year in Iowa. Thanks for sharing and all your wonderful comments. You are a paech.
Annette

Annette said...

That's peach!

JenL said...

Love your LO Brenda!! Love how you fit it into the sketch. :)

The Queen (Laura) said...

Awesome layout! Makes me want some fresh corn right now with butter on top! I love the font you've used.
Great job my friend!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura