Friday, December 9, 2011

Welcome Home Banner

I am happy to say that our son is back in the states, safe and sound from his deployment to Afghan!!!  Here is the banner that I made to welcome him home when he got off the bus. t!! It been a long year and he is just glad to be home!! He has already set up his classes at Penn State Harrisburg and gotten an apartment all before he left Afghan!!  Can you tell he was ready to get back to the states?!! lol  I thank God that he was protected while over there.  He is MP and he guarded that not so bad prisoners, so he wasn't out in the battlefield part so to say.  But of course we still worried because there is no place to me that is really safe over there!  For my banner and letters I used the Birthday Bash Cricut cart, I welded my "welcome" letters to the top of the banner to cut out as one piece.  I made rosettes to place my letters "home" on and the yellow ribbons.  I used the Cricut Indepenced Day cart for the red, white and blue "banner" at the end of my banner.  "My Hero" and "Welcome Home Soldier" and the "ribbons" are from the Stand and Salute Cricut Cart.  Thanks for looking my friends and for sharing in our joyous news!!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Awesome! So glad he is home safe and sound. God is Good.

bex said...

Cute banner.
Bet he really appreciated it;0)
Glad he is safe at home; enjoy your holidays together:0)

The Queen (Laura) said...

I love your banner! So glad your son is home, especially so close to Christmas! Tell him Thank You for his service.