Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sweet Sassy Diva Challenge

Sweet Sassy Diva is having a 9/11 challenge.   It is a day that I will never forget and I'm sure you won't either.  I still can't believe that our Country was brutally attacked the way it was.  It is a day that sent my son to war, my 19 year old son.  No mother can ever prepare herself for this even when you know it is going to happen anyway.  Now my son has been deployed 4 times, he will be leaving for his 5 deployment next year.  It is so hard on those he leaves behind to hold down the home front, my DIL and my grandchildren.  My DIL does an awesome job of keeping the home fires burning and let me tell you it is no easy job! I also have a son currently in Afghan.  He is MP and he will be done with the military when he comes come.  Other DS is a lifer and our youngest is thinking of going into the service too. They sure know how to keep their mother on her toes!!! LOL So a BIG thank you goes to our Military guys and gals and to the ones left behind to hold it all together!!!!  Another huge thank you goes out to all the rescue crews that fought so hard to rescue everyone when we came under attack.  We will always remember the ones who lost or gave their life in order to keep our freedom protected and the ones who lost their lives that faithful day.  Never Forgotten!!

For my card I did an easel card.  For some reason I struggled with this card and it didn't turn out anything like I wanted it too.  I just couldn't seem to get it together the way I wanted to honor 9/11.  But here it is.  I used the Stars embossing folder, My Creative Time stamps, computer generated sentiment on the front of the card, Stand and Salute Cricute cart for Lady Liberty and the Soldier.  Some pearls that I colored with bic markers.  Simple, but makes a statement I hope.  Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

The Queen (Laura) said...

So awesome Brenda! I love it! Tell your sons I said "Thank You" for their service and dedication to our country's freedom. I served in the Navy for 3 years. Have a great day!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Excellent card for the challenge and for 9-11. I love the star embossing. Never tried coloring pearls with markers. Great idea my friend. Thank you to you and all your boys who are in or may be in the service.

Anonymous said...

Your card turned out great! Thank you so much to your son and family for serving and protecting our freedoms.

http://sweetsassydiva.com